PyGanic EC insecticide (organic) 1.4 EC Quart
PyGanic EC insecticide (organic) 1.4 EC Gallon
PyGanic EC insecticide (organic) 5.0 EC Quart
PyGanic EC insecticide (organic):
Target insects include: PyGanic controls more than 40 insects including following
- Asparagus Beetle
- Blister Beetles
- Cabbage Looper
- 12-spotted Cucumber Beetle
- Colorado Potato Beetles
- Corn Earworm
- Cross-striped Cabbageworm
- Cucumber Beetles
- Diamondback Larvae
- Flea Beetles
- Fruit Flies
- Fruittree Leafroller
- Grape Leafhopper
- Green Peach Aphids
- Greenhouse Thrips
- Gypsy Moth (adults & larvae)
- Harlequin Bug
- Imported Cabbageworm
Mexican Bean Beetle
Know more about Pyganic:
In general, using PyGanic EC 1.4II at the 2 pint per acre rate (equivalent to PyGanic EC 5.0II at 9 fluid ounces per acre) provides excellent knockdown and kill of insects. The 2 pint rate per acre is the most common rate used. It is our recommended starting point when using PyGanic for the first time.
There are conditions under which we recommend you consider increasing the rate used per acre. These include:
* Extremely high insect populations.
* When treating insects with hard exoskeletons in their mature, adult phases.
To determine the optimum rate for your situation, you have the option to conduct small-scale trials at the various labeled rates. You may also consider trying a range of water volumes.
Coverage is the single most important application issue when working with a "contact-only" insecticide like PyGanic. Delivering a lethal dose to the target pest at the time of application will result in excellent control. The amount of water used as a carrier has to be enough to get good coverage. There is a point of diminishing returnswhen the amount of water used per acre is too high. In these cases, the concentration of the spray solution is so low that a lethal dose is not delivered to the pest.
Key considerationsfor determining how much water to use as carrier include:
* How much water is required to provide good coverage to the crop, the insects, and potential harborage sites.
* The type of equipment you are using.
* The lower the amount of water use (while still get good coverage on the pests) the higher the dose of PyGanic you will deliver to the insect in one droplet of spray.
* We recommend 50-100 gallons of water per acre as the optimal amount. However, many users report excellent results with spray solutions of up to 250 gallons (or more) of water per acre.
PyGanic is frequently used in combination with other crop protection products such as Bacillus Thuriengensis, Azadiractin, Spinosad, Neem Oil, and a host of other additives, fungicides, nutrients, surfactants and penetrants. PyGanic provides benefits such as quick knockdown and kill of insects, broader spectrum of control, and resistance management benefits to these types of products.
Be sure to follow the label directions for all products to be applied, including PyGanic. We recommend that you conduct a compatibility test, incorporating the products in the proper proportions to ensure the physical compatibility of the mixture.
Since PyGanic is a "contact insecticide", performance will be best if you spray when insects are most active. This will insure that PyGanic comes into contact with as many pests as possible, which will provide the highest level of control.
If conditions are such that you need to spray your crop in the early morning, or early evening, PyGanic will provide control of the pests contacted, so getting excellent coverage is vital.
The pH of the spray solution is very important! It is vital that the spray solution is buffered to a pH of 5.5 - 7.0. Application of a spray solution with a pH outside of this range will most likely result in poor efficacy on target pests. If the solution is outside of this pH range, the pyrethrins will degrade.
The mixing recommendations for these situations are as follows:
PyGanic Crop Protection EC 1.4II:
* 1 to 2 fluid ounces of PyGanic 1.4II mixed with 1 gallon of water.
* 16 - 32 fluid ounces of PyGanic 1.4II per 30 gallons of water
* 3.5 to 7 pints of PyGanic 1.4II per 100 gallons of water
PyGanic Crop Protection EC 5.0II:
* 1.5 to 3 teaspoons of PyGanic 5.0II mixed with 1 gallon of water.
* 5 to 10 fluid ounces of PyGanic 5.0II per 30 gallons of water
* 1 to 2 pints of PyGanic 5.0II per 100 gallons of water.
Always read and follow label and MSDS directions.
Tips to increase efficacy of PyGanic:
1) Buffer the pH of the PyGanic® spray solution to 5.5 - 7.0.
2) PyGanic is a contact insecticide - good coverage is the key.
3) PyGanic may be applied in conjunction with a spreader or wetting agent.
4) Consider application in early morning, late evening or during the night.
5) For most situations start at the mid application rate for PyGanic.
6) Tank mix PyGanic with other products if you wish.
7) Carefully monitor insect populations and apply when insects are early in their life stage.
8) Apply PyGanic when target insects are active.
9) Remove beneficial insects or apply when beneficial insects are not present.